Sunday 4 May 2014 at 20:34 with


From the founders of Saveur, we now have Concetto, a pocket-friendly option for a satisfying Italian meal at The Cathay. Having tried (and enjoyed!) Saveur, I dragged a friend along to Concetto with high expectations which fortunately did not disappoint. 

The restaurant has a simple design that complements the concept of the restaurant, and somehow managed to build a nice ambience out of the simple and no-frills decor.



I had the Prawn Aglio - tagliatelle with tiger prawns and sakura ebi ($13.90 for tagliatelle, $11.90 for linguine) which was very good considering the price that I had to pay. The sakura ebi really provided a different flavour to a very classic dish and although the dish was slightly on the salty side, it was still really good and very satisfying!

I know many are concerned about the portions since the prices are so pocket-friendly - and I was too! But thankfully the portions were quite generous and left me fairly satisfied (and since I am a really big eater that says a lot haha). I guess it also depends what you order as some dishes might fill you up more than others.



P, my dining companion had the Funghi Risotto (which I stole some of!) and from the few mouthfuls that she would deign to offer me I can safely conclude that it was really deliciousss too - packed with flavour and the risotto was cooked just right (al dente unless you ask for otherwise).




Because I was so happy with the food, and also because I wanted to try other items on the menu, I returned again with another friend to try the Squid Ink Risotto ($11.90) which again was satisfying (although really embarrassing to eat) - the squid was perfectly cooked and soft, the crispy rice crackers brought another texture to the risotto and the flavours and seasoning were also good.

Unfortunately because I always have dessert plans elsewhere, I haven't tried any of the desserts on the menu! But I have stared at tables around me eating the Deconstructed Tiramisu and the Pistachio Panna Cotta, which tells me that I must come back once again.

Concetto might not serve the best Italian food around, but for their prices, it is definitely worth a visit (and many more visits after that too)

Prawn Aglio $13.9
Funghi Risotto $10.9
Squid Ink Risotto $11.9
Additional charges apply

Open daily from noon to 9.30pm
2 Handy Road
#01-11 The Cathay
Singapore 229233
Tel: (65) 6735 1141

Labels: , , ,



THE BRUNNER CLUB
we eat everything
{}

who we are

the past
thank you for reading tbc!
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.